.....come enjoy some handmade creations and heartfelt experiences. I'm glad you're here & hope you'll come back often.

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!!

Just wanted to wish everyone a Happy Valentine's Day! Hope you're sharing a little love with all the loved ones in your life!  Because you'll be sharing time with your loved ones today, thought I'd just quickly share a couple cards with you that I sent out.

These are cards I "started" last year at our local Stampin Up monthly workshop. We do fairly simple projects because we do a lot of socializing too (often so much socializing, that we don't finish - lol!)  I decided to finish these up this year & send them off to my loved ones.




  
 You can't see it too well, but there's lot's of dimension.  Both the heart and the banner were hand cut and popped up individually. You might be able to see a little better in this view. (Remember you can click any of the images for a better view).





The second card is very straight forward - an adorable little stamp that reminds me a bit of what I was probably like when I was little (thus I sent this one to my parents!)  Normally I work with Copics or pencils & Gamasol, but this time we were working with watercolor pastels - a very soft look. When I finished it up, I grabbed my Quickie Glue Pen and added a bit of SNS glitter to her dress and bow.  Then I used SNS brushable glue to sparkle up her pretty heart! (Gotta get that glitter in there!)  I desperately wanted to ad some brads or rhinestones or something in the corner, but I've been having problems getting those to go through the mail well.  I already had to pay extra to have the first one hand canceled because of the bow.  So I decided to forgo the extra bling on this one - I knew my parents would love it just as well anyway!








And there you have it - two sweet, simple little cards that my love ones are sure to appreciate.  Hope you have a very Happy Valentine's Day everyone!!

Until next time,
***Julie***
Supplies used:
Stamps - Stampin Up
Paper - Stampin Up
Punch - Stampin Up
Border Punch - Stampin Up
Glue & Glitters - Sparkle N Sprinkle 
                            (Bubble Gum, Sparkling Snow, Cerise)

6 comments:

Amanda R said...

Happy Valentines Day to you too Julie! Love both of the cards but that heart and banner are stunning!

Shona Erlenborn said...

Such great cards, that little girl image is so sweet and I love the background and the heart and banner on the first.

C said...

Your heart card is gorgeous and that little girl is so sweetly colored, Julie!

Karin said...

Awesome valentines! Hope you had a great day!

Barbara Bruder said...

What sweet cards!! My fav is the 1st card.

Donna Ellis said...

Your Valentine's are darling! Always liked that embossed script in the background. The Vintage girl is very sparkly! The background paper with hearts is GORGEOUS. Looks like you had fun! TFS