.....come enjoy some handmade creations and heartfelt experiences. I'm glad you're here & hope you'll come back often.

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Stamping 101 - Crafting with the Ladies Part 2

So I told you I'd be back with details about the second crafty gathering I ran recently and here I am.  My other recent gathering was for my mother in law.  Through my years in the family, I have gotten her into stamping & card making.  She's always been very crafty, but I really got her hooked with stamping & card making.  It's a really fun thing we share (I got my sister in law into it too).  So holidays, birthdays, etc. are always lots of fun to see what cards each other has made.

Well, my mother in law shares her cards (and ours) with her friends as well.  And her garden club enjoyed them so much; they asked if I'd be willing to teach a beginners class for them.  I've taught stamping everywhere from my house, to craft stores, to community college classes; so I was more than happy to do it!  And boy are those beginning stampers/card makers so much fun to work with!  They get so excited with their creations and are always amazed with how much you can do!  Actually, that's the only hard part about teaching beginners these days.....there's so many different things you can show them; it's really hard to pick only a few to start with!!

Well, here's the card the ladies were working on for this class
My MIL picked this stamp set from Inky Antics last year at our local stamp show and decided this would be a great stamp set for the ladies to do since it was a garden club group that wanted to do the class.  They really enjoyed it and had a great time learning a little about stamping & card making.

Here's the ladies going to town with their new skills!

I had such a great time working with them!  And I think I may have even created a couple new enthusiasts!!  Hope you get the pleasure to share this wonderful craft with someone new too!


Until next time,
***Julie***

4 comments:

Shona Erlenborn said...

This brings me back to the first SU party I went to! I remember thinking this is amazing - and I don't think we even touched on embossing until the next party!! The cards are super sweet, and a great choice for the gardening group. TFS.

E. Marie said...

Great card. I am sure you had lots of fun.

Amanda R said...

These cards are great and what a lovely stamp, pat yourself on the back for taking the time to do this, very nice!

Donna Ellis said...

Julie, your cards are beautiful! Looks like everyone enjoyed themselves in this beautiful location. Looking through the window seems to have inspired you all with nature!