.....come enjoy some handmade creations and heartfelt experiences. I'm glad you're here & hope you'll come back often.

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Creative Thinking - Getting the Most from Stamp Sets

Did you get a chance to see my Spotlight Hummingbird card in the previous post?  If not, scroll down to the previous post or click here to take a look.....   Today's card uses the same Sparkle N Sprinkle stamp set.  But for a completely different look!

When I work with a stamp set, often my mind starts to wander.  And before I know it; I start thinking about all the "more unique" uses for different parts of the set.  If it's a dog set - I see parts that can be used for cats, a Christmas set - I see birthday card potential; and so forth.  Sometimes it's not a real stretch, but other times; it's way out there.  But it's always about getting the most out of each set - which is always a great idea!  So I let my mind go - make sure you let your mind go too!  (And no, don't tell me your mind's already gone....mine is frequently too - that's not what we're talking about here - he he!)

So anyway, with the Hummingbird set I used for the last post; you would immediately see - well, hummingbirds obviously, nature, beauty, and some lovely words.  What did I see - cupcakes! When I saw the words, I immediately saw a fun banner with a cupcake!  What do you think of my creative use?




click any image for better view

This time I used the Cappuccino and Cappuccino Star embossing powders from SNS's Tuscany Line  for the sayings & the cupcake.   Shamrock, Rosy Red, and Blue Jewel glitters give the banner extra color & lots of sparkle!  (It's even more sparkly in real life than the pics show!  But do click on the photos to see the sparkle a bit better.)  Papers are both from a 6pad from Studio G and are shaded around the bottom edges with two different distress inks.  The rick rack trim is some I bought in the sewing dept.

I think this makes a really colorful & fun birthday card.  Or maybe even a great card to send just for the fun of it to a friend with a sweet tooth or that's a chocoholic.  Lots of sparkle - lots of fun.












Here's a look at the full set:
What different uses do you
think of?
Stamp Set 452 - Hummingbird Party 
I hope you've enjoyed the two very different uses I chose for this set!  Leave a quick comment & let me know what you think!  Full instructions for this card can be found in the SNS Art Gallery here.  Don't forget.....Always think creatively - always try to get the most from your stamps!

Until next time,
***Julie***

PS - Don't forget to stop back on Thursday for SNS's Ghosts & Goblins Fall Folic Blog Hop!  As always, we'll have some fun projects & great prizes to share.  See you then!! 

6 comments:

Brenda said...

Julie, they are just perfect for the cupcake banners!!! Love how you're always thinking outside the box.

Shona Erlenborn said...

I have that set and didn't even notice the sayings! What a clever cupcake!

Debi said...

I'm itching to get this stamp set. Great to have another idea already in the wings. Good thinkin'

Donna Ellis said...

So pretty! What a great idea to have the greetings banner their way across the card like that! I'm always jello at how you capture the glitter in your photography! Really great!

Amanda R said...

Oh, I am not good at thinking outside the box Julie so this is a wonderful reminder to do that. Lovely card.

Rob said...

Aside from functioning as a basic note-taking app, AudioNote can make sound recordings at the same time, and keep them synchronized, note by note, with the text. initial map data were collected from scratch by volunteers performing systematic ground surveys using a handheld GPS unit and a notebook, digital camera, or a voice recorder. Iphone Caf To Text Transcription.