.....come enjoy some handmade creations and heartfelt experiences. I'm glad you're here & hope you'll come back often.

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Coming This Week!

Don't forget!  
This week, all us gals at Sparkle N Sprinkle will be holding our first Blog Hop of 2013 - the Fancy Folds Blog Hop!  As always, we'll be sharing lots of great ideas & there will be lots of great prizes to be won too.  We sure hope you'll join us this Thurs. (and the hop will run for four days so you have lots of time to check out  all the great ideas too!)

To get you in the mood; I thought I'd share a fancy fold I did quite a while back.  This card was showcased on one of the SNS blogs way back before I had my own blog.  It's always been one of my favorites; so I thought this would be a good time to add it to my personal blog.  I liked this card so much I did it in three different versions.  Each one used a different variety of SNS's beautiful embossing powders and a different treatment for the center of the flowers.


 This lovely version focused on vibrant shimmering pastels with pearl centers.

If you'd like the full instructions for how to make a Flower Pot Card card; they can be found in the Sparkle N Sprinkle Tips & Techniques section (click any bold name to go there!).  

Or you can find the instructions for this version in the SNS Art Gallery Here.
















My second version was done in a "bridal style" in pinks and white.  
This one has handmade floral centers that were created with shrink plastic, scallop punches, and a coating of the "oh so versatile" Sparkle embossing powder.

(Don't forget you can  click on any photo for a better view!)

Full instructions and products used for this version can be found Here.




My last version is just bright and bold and featured buttons for the floral centers. I love the look of the golden yellow with the brown buttons - reminds me of black eyed susans.  And the orange posies complemented them so well.   On this card, I also added my message to a a sweet little tag on the front for something different.

Full instructions and product list for this version can be found Here.

All the images and sayings for all three cards are from the wonderful Set 391 - Solid Butterfly. Love, love the sayings and style of this set! Definitely one of my all time "go to" sets!!



Well, I hope you enjoyed these cards & it puts you in the mood for some more "Fancy Folds" coming up in the blog hop Thursday!  Don't forget to let me know what you think of these before you hop on by and I'll See you on Thurs. for the Hop!

Until next time,
***Julie***




2 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

I love your cards, Julie - I've coveted making them since you first showed them. Sigh - where does the time go? My question is... how did you get two photos side-by-side on blogger? No matter what I do, graphics or photos are only one to a line/row. Please share your secret! thanks!
hugs,
de

Brenda said...

Are you dreaming about spring and all the lovely flowers??? Great cards