.....come enjoy some handmade creations and heartfelt experiences. I'm glad you're here & hope you'll come back often.

Friday, May 24, 2013

SNS Creative Challenge - Don't Forget!

Hi blogging friends! So sorry for the extended absence from my blog, but this past month has been pretty busy for me.  Much to my dismay, I had to have some surgery a couple weeks back.  Part of my month was spent getting the house and farm ready for my recovery time and the past couple weeks have been the ups and downs of recovery.  The good news - surgery went well and hopefully all will be well soon.  I'm still going through some ups and downs of recovery; but it's only been a couple weeks; so I need to give it a little more time.

In the meantime, I wanted to remind you that there's still a week left to get in on the Sparkle N Sprinkle Creative Challenge for this month.  This month is a fun color challenge.  Before my surgery, I did this colorful card using one of the great new SNS sets - Bicycles.





I love this color combo and knew exactly what I wanted to do when I saw this combo.  I had recently got a new set of Prismacolor Inktense pencils and this was the perfect chance to try them out.  I love how this background turned out.




 


Color Challenge
Color Swatch courtesy of Design Seeds
I really struggled with leaving this card so simple, but I also really wanted the background and that great saying to take center stage.  And I think leaving the card simple does that quite well.

Actually, I almost forgot that this was one of the most time consuming simple cards I've done in quite awhile.  I'm just now remembering that this card took me about two weeks to finish - crazy, I know!  But after doing the background, I left it sitting around on my workspace for awhile and I kept staring at and playing with it trying to decide how best to add the images/sayings (I even did a completely different layout, but didn't think it worked quite as well).  Finally I added the images and left it sit around again while I contemplated how to "finish" it.  Again, I tried a couple different finishing options before I decided it needed to be left simple.  In the end, sometimes simplicity can make the most powerful statement.  (Even if it takes a lot of trials to get to simple LOL!)

I do love the end result though.  Full instructions for this card can be found in the Sparkle N Sprinkle art gallery here.

I hope you'll decide to try out something yourself with this warm and beautiful color collection for this month's challenge.  Full details for this Creative Challenge can be found on the Challenge blog here.

Ok, I need to sign off for now.  Need to get some rest.  I'm finding that I've been a lot more tired than I expected while I'm healing.  But your body knows what it needs; so I best pay attention.  Hopefully if I do that I'll be back to more of my regular self and schedule real soon!

As always, thanks so much for stopping by!  
Until next time,
***Julie***

4 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

It is a wonderful card, Miss Julie, and yes, I find the "simpler the card" the more difficult it is. CAS definitely is a skill I want to work on this year. Some people carry it off so beautifully. I especially like the movement of the colors on your card. Add the bike, and the movement continues with the stamp. Very pretty card! Hope you are feeling better each day. hugs, de

Shona Erlenborn said...

Love how your background came out Julie. Makes for a very pretty card. Glad to see you back, keep getting stronger. I'm sure you'll be back to normal really soon.

Anne Temple said...

Love that background! So glad to hear you're on the mend.

Brenda said...

soft and simple - beautiful - glad you're up to the "challenge"